The American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association today announced its re-imagined brand, vision, mission, and strategic priorities that better align with its work and goals.
To appropriately represent the desired future for the organization, AOPA established the vision that truly embodies what AOPA members do each and every day, A world where orthotic and prosthetic care transforms lives.
When it came to the mission, the pillars of advocacy, research, and education were still important, but needed to be better articulated. That led the new mission, A trusted partner, advocating for and serving the orthotic and prosthetic community by:
- Fostering relationships with decision makers to ensure equitable access.
- Providing education that promotes professional excellence.
- Supporting research that informs innovative care.
- Advancing equality to strengthen the orthotic and prosthetic profession and improve the lives of patients.
Although created by the Board and staff the strategic priorities came out of feedback from members and the profession, they set the course for AOPA’s future and lay out six areas that AOPA will work to accomplish in the next three to five years:
- Communicating the importance of orthotic and prosthetic care
- Increasing patient access to clinically appropriate, evidence-based care
- Helping members succeed in the changing healthcare environment
- Identifying and influence trends and learning that may impact orthotics and prosthetics
- Enhancing AOPA value, engagement, and community
- Driving collaboration by creating strategic relationships
The Board and staff will be regularly communicating the progress to its membership.
With all of this there became a need to design a visual identity that reaffirms and elevates AOPA’s position as the leading voice of a progressive, solutions-oriented industry that is an integral part of enhancing lives and maximizing human potential. Additionally, orthotics and prosthetics are customized to meet the individual’s unique needs. AOPA is as committed to meeting the needs of our members as you are to meeting the individual needs of your patients. That’s the mark of an O&P professional. And AOPA’s new logo* embodies this and signals a new era.
*To use AOPA’s logo new logo contact info@AOPAnet.org.