AOPA and the California Orthotics and Prosthetics Association encourage National Assembly speakers to utilize their social networks before, during, and after the event to help market their session and gain exposure as an expert on this topic. Below you will find tips and examples to help you jump-start your individual social media strategy.
2019 National Assembly
September 25-28, 2019
San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, California
Official Hashtag: #AOPA2019
Please include the official hashtag (#AOPA2019) each time you post a message that pertains to AOPA or the National Assembly to make it searchable.
- I’m excited to announce that I’ve been selected to speak at the 2019 National Assembly on <topic>! Check out my recent post on the topic! #AOPA2019
- Join <co-presenter’s name> and me as we present <topic> at the 2019 National Assembly! #AOPA2019
- <Ask a question relating to your sessions topic>? Learn ________________at my 2019 National Assembly session! #AOPA2019
- <Link to a recent article on your topic.> <Make a statement about your topic>! Join me this September to learn ___________________ at the 2019 National Assembly. #AOPA2019
- I’m headed to San Diego, California to speak about <topic> at the 2019 National Assembly. I hope to see you there! #AOPA2019
Many times when using social media you not only want to shrink a link, but you also want to be able to track the number of people who have checked the link. If you are posting to social media, consider creating a free bit.ly.com account so you can do both. You can download our event logos by visiting bit.ly/19showlogo.
Include a photo! Whether it’s one from the event website or one you take of the speakers, posts with images generate 53% more engagement than those without. We have created the following images for marketing purposes. Click the image to download full size.
National Assembly Mobile App – AOPA 365
During the National Assembly, make sure to download our app, AOPA 365, and then post on the activity feed to create buzz for your presentation.