- Look for your member of Congress in the House or Senate.
- Ask for the scheduler or appointments secretary.
- Tell them who you are and where you are from.
- Tell them that you would like an appointment to meet with Senator/Congressman when he or she is in the district/state.
- You would like to talk with the Senator/Congressman about: (Examples)
- Your business and some of the important issues facing health care providers limiting access to L-codes, (managed care, competitive bidding);
- Medicare care fraud and abuse;
- The regulatory burdens on your business (CMS, OSHA, etc.);
- Problems you are having with the Veterans Administration; and
- Any other issues that are of particular interest to you.
- If the Senator/Congressman is unable to meet with you, make an appointment to meet with his/her Health LA (Legislative Assistant). Staff are important people. They gather information from constituents, learn the issues and guide the member of Congress on health issues.
Serving the O&P field for over 90 years